Miami-Dade County Expeditions
Join us on a journey that evokes the spirit of Havana in all her remembered glory. If you close your eyes for a moment in modern Miami’s “Little Havana,” you are almost transported back in time to the Tropicana and the Flamingo, back to the Riviera and the Floridita. The sensuous, rum-rich rhythms of the Mambo spilling out into the balmy tropical night are real … and tonight you are experiencing them. Tonight, the lively streetscape of Calle Ocho, Little Havana’s main thoroughfare, is yours to explore. Take in the smells, sights, sounds and colors of a street that launched the dramatic transformation of Miami over five decades ago and prepare yourself for an evening of discovery, dining and live nightclub entertainment.
Now is a great time to pick up a few pointers on the various forms of Latin dancing. One of our expert dancers instructs the willing on how to make the right moves when the music takes over.
We then venture on to spend some time at Casa Juancho, which is a delight for all senses. Enjoy a leisurely dinner in the nostalgic atmosphere of strolling musicians and singing patrons.
Next, watch as skillful hands present you with the art of cigar rolling, a worldwide recognized symbol of all things Cuban. Take in the rich aroma of freshly processed tobacco and maybe even buy some cigars for the road.
Finally, we enter the realm of live music and rich Cuba-nostalgic detail at a local’s night club that recalls the atmosphere and attitudes of yesteryear’s Havana with infectious rhythms. The night awaits you…let’s get going.
INCLUSIONS AND DETAILS:
• All entrance fees and taxes.
• Tour interpretation by guide starts and ends at the hotel.
• Guide to guest ratio does not exceed 1:25.
• Our guides are certified and trained. Short narrative on the Cuban migration to Miami.
• Exclusive professional dance instruction by collegiate salsa troupe.
• Three-course dinner with soft drinks at celebrated Spanish restaurant with strolling musicians in Little Havana.
• Private evening opening of boutique cigar manufacturing facility hosted by members of a five generation Cuban cigar-making family.
• Demonstration of cigar rolling techniques by Cuban master rollers.
• One hand-rolled cigar per person.
• Entry into authentic Cuban nightclub with live musical performance.
• Every participant receives a hand-rolled cigar.