Miami-Dade County Expeditions
Coral Gables – Walking My Neighborhood
Curious about the enchanting neighborhood surrounding the beautiful Biltmore Hotel? You are invited to join us on an old-fashioned walk through the historic streets of Coral Gables.
Strolling past distinctive homes, churches, plazas and parks, you will get a sense of the joy of living in the “City Beautiful. ”You will peer into the windows of the oldest house in Coral Gables and learn why it is built around a shack. You will see the honeymoon cottage of the city's founder and find out why it was built with no kitchen. And, thanks to your guide, you'll learn about some of the little-known, yet fascinating, aspects of life in the Gables only a local would know.
Your promenade through the shady streets of the Gables will include numerous photo opportunities and a refreshment break at a spot known to the locals as “Burger Bob's.” Ending your walk back at The Biltmore, the richness of the experience will have made our neighborhood your neighborhood, too.
INCLUSIONS AND DETAILS:
• All entrance fees and taxes.
• Refreshments at celebrated eatery Burger Bob’s.
• A portion of this tour’s profits goes directly to support preservation efforts of The Villagers.
• Tour interpretation by guide starts and ends at the hotel.
• Guide to guest ratio does not exceed 1:20.
• Our guides are certified and trained.
• Walking tour along various landmarks and upscale neighborhood begins at the Biltmore Hotel.
• Stops and route are mostly in areas shaded by large trees.
• Coral Gables is perfect for a walking tour due to its historic urban fabric of sidewalks and tree-lined streets.
• The tour has a moderate intensity level.
• A portion of this tour’s profits goes directly to support the historic preservation efforts of The Villagers (www.thevillagersinc.org).
• This tour was written by a local bon-vivant and historian.
- n onegroup: 20px | For larger groups, please inquire
- Approx. duration:
- 3 hours (starting and ending at the Biltmore Hotel).
- Time of day:
- Morning or afternoon
- Meals included:
- Non-alcoholic drinks at Burger Bob’s (meals can beadded for an additional cost).
- To be provided by client or by Dragonfly Expeditions at additional cost.
- Special notations: