Miami-Dade County Expeditions
Art in the Gables
In the 1920’s, one ambitious man looked at the uncontrolled sprawl of the emerging city of Miami and saw the potential to build a perfectly designed city. He imagined lush green plazas, winding, tree-lined boulevards, esplanades and huge fountains. His dream city would be filled with buildings and homes that would invoke the grandeur of Rome, the subtle beauty of the Côte d’Azur and the richness of ascendant Spain. The artists that created this city colored their dreams with a palette of terra cotta, ocher and sienna to deflect and neutralize the brilliance of the Florida sun. That dream has become the City of Coral Gables. Today, Coral Gables is teeming with history and culture and is protected against the intrusions of over-modernization.
Our gallery tour selects the most promising and exciting exhibits from a rotating rostrum of the Coral Gables Gallery Association’s calendar year. These galleries feature works from both local and international artists. At our first gallery stop, we will enjoy mimosas while contemplating and admiring the art on display. The host of each gallery will be on hand to introduce the featured works and answer questions. The second gallery will change the pace, alter the tempo and move us to new discoveries.
Our final stop will round out the tour with yet another look at the evolving art scene of Florida’s “City Beautiful,” Coral Gables. Exploring with us promises to enlighten and relax your guests in a way that will stay with them for the entirety of the day.
INCLUSIONS AND DETAILS:
• All entrance fees and taxes.
• Tour interpretation by guide starts and ends at the hotel.
• Guide to guest ratio does not exceed 1:40. 1 personal tour guide and 1 advancing staff.
• Our guides are certified and trained.
• Galleries are selected on the basis of most compelling exhibit at the time of the year the guests are visiting.
• 3 private presentations by gallery owners, staffor artists.
• Mimosas for each participant.
• Revolving exhibitions selected by the Coral Gables Gallery Association.